Why Blend In?

"Why blend in when you were born to stand out?"

This quote caught my attention when I saw an advertisement for a new movie coming out in the Fall titled "Wonder".  This story is about a boy born with facial differences and his transition into mainstream schooling when entering the fifth grade.

While this blog is not an advertisement for the movie (although it does look very interesting), I did want to site where I got the quote.

This quote does bring attention to a belief I have had for most of my life - it is boring and shallow to be just like everyone else in our culture and society.

Almost anything that is "mainstream" is something I steer away from.

In general, our culture is shallow and individuals are commonplace in their personalities and past times (jobs, hobbies, lives, etc).

Ok - enough negativity - let's look at the positive side of this: you were born to stand out!!

Be yourself, be unique, challenge the norm!

Looking at this from an energetic standpoint - when we try to suppress who we really are, we tend to stuff feelings down, hold in our thoughts and opinions, and try to ignore what we would really like to do or be.

This causes a contraction in our energy field which causes the flow of energy to be out of balance.
I encourage you to take a deep breath and be your own unique self.
Love yourself, love others, and make the world a better place :-)

Comments

Popular Posts